Pop Up Races are delighted to announce that Peugeot have come on board and will be the title sponsors for the 2023 “Peugeot Race Series”, which will kick off on March 17th at it’s traditional venue in Portlaoise for the ever popular “Streets of Portlaoise” 5km Road Race.
This years race series will be the biggest yet, with a prize pot of €30,000 on offer over the duration of the series.
The full list of races will be announced at the series launch which takes place towards the end of February (date TBC).
What we know so far:
- Elite runners will be invited to each event and will receive complimentary entry.
- This year, race organisers have moved from offering access to the car as prize for overall series winner to cash prizes.
- There is a guaranteed prize pot of €30,000 on offer. Athletes must compete in four out of eight races, with the lowest combined points scores over those 4 races winning the series, as per previous years.
- There is a €1,500 cash prize for the overall male and female series winner with €1,000 for the second placed male and female
- There will be €500 course record bonuses on offer for both the male & female course records at every event. (8 x €1,000 in bonuses)
- Team – There will be a €17,000 prize pot for team prize, €10,000, €5000, €2000 for top 3 teams.
- Teams will consist of 6 participants, 3 male/3 female.
- Teams will be scored based on placings in the race, and the team winner from each race will get 10points, 9 for second and so on down to 1 point for 10th place team. The team with the highest points at the end of the series will be overall winner. One team per club will count in scoring
- Teams must be from Athletics Ireland affiliated clubs.