ONLINE ENTRY WILL CLOSE AT NOON ON THURSDAY 25TH APRIL. ON THE DAY REGISTRATION IS AVAILABLE FROM 9AM AT €20.00 ENTRY WITHOUT A TSHIRT.
UPDATE 23/4/19 5pm – any entries beyond this point are not guaranteed a tshirt. Please go to the entertainment area AFTER the event and if there are some left over they will be available for you.
The Grocers Fun Run 10k run and 5k family run/walk returns on April 28th 2019 at 10:30am. This race is suitable for all ages and abilities – runners, walkers, joggers, prams, wheelchairs – all are welcome!
We have a fun filled morning planned in The Phoenix Park:
- Medals & T-shirts for all finishers.
- The worlds best goodie bag!
- Family fun with lots of kids entertainment on offer.
- Limited spaces so register early.
and remember that you can raise funds for the IGBF by creating your own fundraising page and collecting sponsorship from family & friends. For further info click here.
If you can’t make the day but wish to support this cause, you can always run a virtual race. Virtual entrants must send confirmation of distance completed to email@example.com and we’ll post out your race pack the week after the actual event.
NOTE: Corporate Entries will be contacted 2 weeks before the event to confirm participant details.
What you get:
- Adult / Group / Corporate Entries: Technical T-shirt, Goodie Bag & Medal
- Child Entries: Goodie Bag, Medal
- Family Entry: 4 race entries, 4 goodie bags, 4 medals and 2 Adult tees
Race number postage is available up to one week prior to the event. After that race number postage will be unavailable. Tshirts cannot be posted.
RACE DAY INFORMATION
- Both the 5k and 10k races start at 10:30am SHARP
- Number & Tshirt pick up from 9am at the registration area on the Furze Road (google maps location HERE)
- T shirt sizes are subject to availability. We recommend arriving early to guarantee your size
- There are no tshirts available for child entries. They will get a finishers medal and goodie bag at the finish
- Name Changes and distance changes can be done on the morning at the registration desk
- There is a limited bag drop available so it is advised that gear is left in cars or at home where possible
- Participants should park at the Papal Cross Carpark or on Chesterfield avenue and make there way on foot to the registration area
- There will be toilet facilities at the start line
- There is a fantastic entertainment area for runners and spectators alike so please bring the family and enjoy the day
- There is a team event open to teams from within the Grocery Industry. 4 to score, 2 males 2 females. Please ensure your business name is correct by checking out the participants list from Friday morning HERE. Further declarations can also be done on Sunday morning at registration area
- The 5k start is at the top of the Furze Road / Chesterfield avenue junction.
- The 10k starts 150m back from the 5k start, on the Right hand side of the road. Both will be clearly marked and there will be timing mats at each start point
- 10k runners will stay on the right until they get to the roundabout at the end of Chesterfield avenue where they will join the 5k runners then. They will complete two laps of the 5k course.
- The Course will be fully marshalled so please follow the instructions of the marshals at all times
- There will be a water station at the 4k point on the route (9k point also for 10k)
- Prizegiving will take place for both races at 11:30am in the entertainment area. Prizes for 1st & 2nd male & female in both races, as well as first boy & girl home and the overall team prize.
- Please respect the area and dispose of litter in bins provided