- Location Kilkenny
- Race Type 10k Run, Half Marathon, Marathon, Ultra Marathon
- Date 08-08-2020
- Time 08:30
Stone Mad returns to Graiguenamanagh Kilkenny on Saturday 8th August 2020.
What is Stonemad?
It is a marathon event, with 4 different race distances: Ultra 60km, Marathon (well, 43km!), Half-Marathon and 10k. The route meanders along the flat and scenic banks of the River Barrow, starting and finishing in the picturesque town of Graiguenamanagh.
Why is it called Stonemad?
StoneMad was originally a 2-Day event that took in place along the corridor of the River Barrow and up over the mountain path of Mount Leinster. The event derived its name from the nine historical stones at the top of Mount Leinster.
There are different start times for this event depending on distance:
- Ultra Marathon – 8:30am start
- Full Marathon – 9:30am start
- Half Marathon – 11:30am start
- 10k – 12 Noon Start
- Ultra Marathon – 4 Mile out and back to St Mullins followed by the marathon route https://www.plotaroute.com/route/896170?units=miles
- All Others – Out and back on the marathon course https://www.plotaroute.com/route/896198?units=km
This is a trail run, run predominantly on the canal bank. The terrain is bumpy in parts and the route is predominately flat.
- Online registration available only.
- Medal & tees for all finishers.
- Food and showers at the finish.