2020 Launch Press Release HERE
Elite 5k = Sub 15 Male & Sub 16:45 Female
Elite 10k = Sub 31 Male & Sub 34 Female
The KIA Race Series 2020
- Streets of Portlaoise 5k March 17th, 11am Register
- Streets of Kilkenny 5k April 9th, 7:30pm Register
- Bob Heffernan 5k, Enfield May 19th,8pm Register
- Dunshaughlin 10k June 20th, 7:30pm Register
- Roscommon 10 Mile July 4th, 11:30am Register
- Edenderry 10 Mile July 19th, 9:30am Register
- Cork City 10 Mile August 22nd, 5:30pm Register
About Kia Race Series
- Elite runners will be invited to each event and will receive complimentary entry.
- This year, race organisers have moved from offering access to the car as prize for overall series winner to cash prizes.
- There is a guaranteed prize pot of €10,000 on offer. Athletes must compete in four out of seven races, with the lowest combined points scores over those 4 races winning the series, as per previous years.
- There is a €1,500 cash prize for the overall male and female series winner.
- There will be €500 course record bonuses on offer for both the male & female course records at every event. (7 x €1,000 in bonuses)
- If the course record is not broken at a race, that bonus money rolls over into the overall prize pot. For example, if the Male course record is not broken in Portlaoise, the €500 on offer is added to the €1500 overall cash prize, meaning €2,000 cash is then on offer for the overall series winner (and so on)