EVENT CANCELLED DUE TO COVID 19 RESTRICTIONS.
REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED IN 7-10 DAYS
United Striders Athletics Club (New Ross) invites you to their annual FIVE MILE STRIDE road race/fun run in Camross, Co. Wexford on the 22nd of August 2020, at 7pm.
he event is open to runners of all standards and abilities. Competitors must be at least 18 years old as per Athletics Ireland guidelines. The event will comply with all Athletics Ireland Covid-19 regulations relevant on the day of the race.
PLACES STRICTLY LIMITED TO 300
– First five male and females
– First male O35, O40, O45, O50, O55 and O60
– First female O35, O40, O45, O50, O55 and O60
– Seamus Burke Memorial Cup for winning team (six to score based on CHIP time)
Note that there will be no prize-giving on the day, all prizes will be posted out after the event. The Seamus Burke Memorial Cup will be presented to the winning club at an agreed date post the event.
There is 1 prize per person (individual prizes)
To protect our stewards and fellow participants, the following Covid 19 regulations will be applied:
– All participants MUST have pre-registered online for the event providing all details required, no registrations will be accepted on the
day of the race.
– Over 70s and the medically vulnerable to Covid 19 will be urged to use best judgement when making the decision to attend the event.
– You must not have been out of the country in the last 14 days.
– You must not have been around someone with symptoms of Covid-19 in the
last 14 days
– You must not have been in a period of self- isolation and/or cocooning under the current Health Policy Rules.
– You must not be displaying COVID-19 symptoms.
– Please bring your own water bottle.
– Covid 19 regulations prevent us from offering any post-race refreshments this year.
– Athletics Ireland Covid regulations dictate that all participans must maintain social distancing.
– A grid of starting positions will be used to keep runners 2m apart at the startline.
– Chip time will be used to finishing positions.
– Participants will be separated into waves. Participants will be allocated to waves based upon their estimated 5 mile finish time.
– Race starts at 7pm sharp. Waves will be released every three minutes.
– Parking at Camross Hall, New Ross. Please obey parking stewards.
– Location: https://goo.gl/maps/UBXf4mSu2z
– Race numbers will be posted out before the event.
– No walk-up registrations will be accepted on the day of the race.
– See our Facebook page for more info: