The Gingerbread Run is back for 2019. Again, there will be a half marathon and 10k and of course its all for charity.
Each runner will get a t shirt, medal, hat and a gingerbread man.
The event will start at 12 noon.
All entries after 7th October will not be guaranteed a t-shirt size.
****As with every other year we will sell out well in advance so enter early and let others know. *****
Athletes participating in the Gingerbread Run must adhere to the following Safety Guidelines:
- Athletes are responsible for their personal safety at all times during the event.
- Athletes should be dressed in the appropriate running attire.
- Where possible athletes should use footpaths and other pedestrian infrastructure.
- If there are no footpaths or they are congested with other pedestrians athletes should use public roads.
- The roads will not be closed for the event.
- Athletes should run on the side of the road indicated by marshals.
- Athletes must be aware of oncoming traffic and observe the rules of the road at all times.
- When on public roads, athletes should run in formation of a maximum of two across.
- When there is oncoming traffic or you are coming to a hard shoulder in the road, the athletes should move into single line formation.
- All athletes must be over 18 years old on 18 November 2018.
- Marshalls will be positioned along the route to provide support and directions to the athletes. They will advise athletes on upcoming traffic hazards and will contact the medical staff should an athlete need assistance.
- The route will be clearly marked. Athletes should not diverse from the route. Stay safe and enjoy the event.
The Gingerbread Run is an event to try and raise funding and awareness for charity and fully comply with all safety regulations. The safety of all our athletes, our backroom team and all public personnel that come out to watch or just pass by will be the number one priority. Where the routes are on roads, all athletes and Marshals will fully comply with the rules of the road.
By registering for this event, I agree to bide by the above Safety Guidelines and I declare that I am medically able, properly trained, physically fit and capable of participating in a this event. I accept responsibility for my own safety and risk of injury while participating in The Gingerbread Run.
Pre Race Information
Race day information from the organisers is below:
- The half starts at 12 with the 10k at 12:30. There will be a race brief for all runners at 11:40 in the GAA car park.
- There's free parking in Portarlington Train Station on Sunday, we would ask you to use this and not to park elsewhere. Also parking is limited so try to car pool where possible.
- Number collection will be available from 16:00 to 18:00 on Saturday and 09:00 to 11:15 on Sunday at McCann GAA centre in Portarlington which is race HQ. If there are any problems at registration we will have a team there to sort them out for you.
- Goodie bags and t shirts will be given out after the race in the GAA centre and your size will be on your number.
- You must have your number to collect the goodie bag and t shirt.
- There will be 3 water stations on the half and 1 on the 10k.
- There will some rolling road closures on the day but always be aware of traffic.
- We would ask to run on the left and follow the marshals instructions.
- It is an offence to litter so please do not, if you have a bottle use on the of large bins provided or drop it at one of our signs on the route.
- There will be 12 portable toilets and an urinal on site. The toilets in the GAA centre will not be open and we are not permitted to use them.
Results will be available immediately here or via our app.
DOWNLOAD IT NOW:
If you have any queries on your results don't hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Any last minute changes (participant/distance) can be handled at our designated change desk when you're collecting your number. No further changes can be facilitated by email to either Pop Up Races or The Gingerbread Run.
To make sure there is the maximum amount of money possible for charity there will be no prize money. We see The Gingerbread Run as a fun day out and everyone is a winner by completing the run and raising funds for LOFFA and Bumbleance.