- Location Kildare
- Race Type Real Events, 10k Run, 2.5km, 5km
- Date 10-12-2023
- Time 11:00
Kilcullen GAA’s “Run Run Rudolph” Christmas event is back for 2023 but is bigger & better – we’ve added a 10 KM event (2 laps of our 5K course) plus the 5 KM Run & 2.5 K Family Walk/Run events.
Run Run Rudolph 2023 will take place on Sunday the 10th of December 2023 starting & finishing at our clubhouse.
Again, this event is a fundraiser supporting the addition of 3 Hurling & Football playing pitches & other infrastructure at our Kilcullen clubhouse, all part of our “Field of Dreams” plans.
The event is open to athletes, fun runners, joggers and walkers.
Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times & controlled.
All entrants will get Christmas bells with their race numbers to create a lovely Christmas atmosphere as they circuit Kilcullen town.
Prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd Male & Female runners in both 10 & 5 KM events as well as spot prizes for the Family Walk/Run event. We’ll also have prizes for the best fancy-dress costumes.
Online entry closes at midnight on Friday the 8th of December, late entries will be available the evening of Saturday the 9th of December at the Clubhouse & limited late entries on Sunday morning (but only before 10 AM).
Note: Registration may close earlier if we reach our numbers limit before this date.
This year we are offering a postal service (for an additional fee). Our partner Pop-Up Races will post your event numbers to you approximately 1 week before the event thus making your event morning easier & stress free.
Depending on numbers selecting this option – we will offer number collection at the Clubhouse on the evening of Saturday December 9th & Sunday December 10th (but only before 10 AM).
The event will start at 11 AM with the 5KM & 10KM events departing 1st to the sound of Chuck Berry’s Run Rudolph Run. The 2.5 KM Family Walk/Run will depart shortly afterwards again to the sound on Run Rudolph Run.
Both the 5 & 10 K events will be Chip-timed. Prize giving will take place at the finish line area after the race where Christmas goodies will be on offer to all participants.
Last year we enjoyed a great Christmas atmosphere at the clubhouse & we plan to add to that this year – Santa has pencilled us in again & we hope will surprise us with a visit if time allows with his busy schedule.
**NUMBER POSTAGE OPTION – NUMBERS WILL BE SENT OUT ON THE WEEK OF THE RACE**
Thank you for registering for this year's 10 & 5km Runs & our 2.5km Family Walk/Run, we are very much looking forward to welcoming you to Kilcullen GAA for the 2nd year.
Please see below for some information ahead of the race:
- Online registration will close at 4 PM this Saturday Dec 9th.
- There will be Number Pick-Up and Late Registration at our Clubhouse on Saturday December 9th from 6 - 8 PM & also on the morning of the event from 9 to 10 AM. We can accept Cash or Cards for Late Entries.
- Please note Registration / Number Pick-Up is not required for the 2.5km event as it is not chip timed this year.
- Pre race entertainment is planned from 10 AM with DJ Supremo Simon Campbell of Christmas FM fame entertaining us before the event so please come down early & enjoy a great Christmas atmosphere. Santa might surprise us before the start too.
- Christmas Bells - Bigger, Better & Louder than last year will be distributed before the start.
- Start Time: 11 AM SHARP following our safety briefing.
- Location: Kilcullen GAA R56 YX81
- Post race refreshments for all in the clubhouse afterwards. Hot Chocolate (with a Hint of Baileys for the adults) & other Christmas Goodies will be served to all finishers. You can expect a very Christmassy after event atmosphere.
- All proceeds go to our "Field Of Dreams" development which includes the addition of three playing fields, a skills wall & other infrastructure.
- Before, during & after the event please adhere to the rules of the road & follow the advice of marshals at all times.
- Results will be available in real time at www.popupraces.ie