The Kildare Santa Dash 5k/10k run/walk will take place on Sunday 22nd December. We also have the Wicklow Santa Dash Sunday 15th December and we have a very cool 2 piece jigsaw medal to cover both events.
Medal pics and t-shirt images to be released in the coming weeks.
If you can’t make either event you can do a virtual run or walk to complete the jigsaw. Both medals will look really cool as single medals but when joined together they are amazing.
Please note: the virtual medals (single and complete jigsaw) will be posted out on 23rd December
Our charity partner is Saplings School, Kill, Co Kildare and if you take a sponsor card and raise a minimum 140 euro it’s free to enter medal plus tshirt free.
We will have facepainting, music, kids dash and refreshments on the day so get the family together and join us for a great day out.
Check out our 2019 Santa Dash Tees – available to purchase individually or as part of your race entry.
On the day registration from 8am at Saplings Special School Kill Co Kildare
Race day information from the organiser is below.
Registration will take place in Saplings Special School Kill from 8.00am and will finish by 9.45am.
Please bring this ticket with you for registration - either on your phone or printed as we will be using scanners to allocate numbers.
The event is almost sold out so if you have a friend thinking about signing up please let them know we have less than 100 medals left.
Please carpool if possible as parking will be very tight. Parking options are as follows:
- Saplings Special School Car park
- Saint Brigids National School, Killhill, Kill
- If both of these are full we can use the church car park beside Saplings.
Please please park neat and tidy. If you live local you might be able to make your way to Saplings without having to take up a car space.
We will have stewards on site to guide you - please follow their instructions.
RACE START TIMES
- The kids dash will take place at 9.30am. All kids get a medal but not the jigsaw piece
- The 10k will start at 10.00am and the 5k at 10.10am
The route is a on publicroads therefore please be aware of traffice and use common sense. The 5k route is an out and back run and the 10k route is a loop.
You will have a water stop on the 10k and the finish line. 200 metres past the 10k water stop will have a sign that says bottle drop. This is the only place to drop bottles and anywhere else is breaking the law. You can also carry it back to the school.
- Please be responsible and do not litter the route or the school grounds.
- Please do not leave the school grounds until we are ready to make our way to the start line.
- Refreshments and a raffle will take place afterwards back at Saplings Special School. Any donations towards prizes/refreshements would be gratefully received.
- Please bring sponsorship cards back on the day even if they're empty.
- More details of this event will be posted on Irish Bling Hunter's Facebook page over the weekend. Keep an eye on our page for upcoming event details also.
The medal is the 2nd piece of a jigsaw medal. If you missed out on the first piece why not sign up to do a virtual run here.
Finally, we want to thank you all for your support and we look forward to seeing you at the Kildare Santa Dash.
If you need anymore information you can contact Wayne on 0862005652 or Irishblinghunters@gmail.com