The Irish National 50k Championships return to Donadea on Saturday 8th February 2020 at 10.00am
This event hosted by Donadea RC is 10 laps of Donadea Forest Park. Usual 50k rules apply i.e. 5hr cut off etc. All info and updates will be on the Donadea 50k Facebook page. Any questions should be directed to the FB page
This race has limited entries will be sold out
Online entry price includes postage of race number and t-shirt.
Free entry for elite athletes meeting the following criteria:
All previous Winners of Donadea 50k male or female and any athlete with the following 50k times
- Sub 3.30 for Men
- Sub 3.45 for Women
Or a Marathon Time of
- Sub 2.45 for Men
- Sub 2.55 for Women
As this is the 10th Anniversary of the Donadea 50k, we also have Donadea 50k bobble hats, additional 50k t-shirts & once off 10th anniversary hoodies available to purchase, all of which can be collected on race day.
Refunds and Defers allowed up until november 31st 2019
Entry is NOT confirmed until you get the “SEE U IN FEB” email from Anto
Race day information is below:
- The barrier to the car park will be open from 08.10am to 09.00am on Saturday morning. Outside of these hours you will need to pay the parking fee (€5.00 in €1/€2 coins)
- Number collection: the majority of numbers were posted out. If you were a late entry or haven't received your number our crew will sort you out on the morning.
- T Shirt / Merchandise Collection: Available in the big tent from 8.15am to 9.15am.
- The Course: 10 x 4.968 km loops with a 0.32km run up to the start line to make it 50km. BE AWARE THERE IS GOING TO BE ABOUT 200 PARTICIPANTS WHO WILL BE LAPPED, MANY OF YOU MULTIPLE TIMES ... DO NOT GATHER INTO GROUPS AND TAKE OVER THE PATH. IF YOU HEAR A RUNNER COMING UP BEHIND YOU MOVE ASIDE. REMEMBER THIS IS A RACE,NOT A FUN RUN. There will be a marshall on a bike in front of the race leader, if you hear his whistle or his bell, move to the RIGHT so the runners can move by on your left.
- For above reasons, earphones are not permitted at this event.
- Start line: We will be starting at the front of the castle and finishing at the front of the cafe.
- Race briefing is at 9.40 sharp.
- The 5hr cut off: Everyone who has entered knows there is a 5hr cut off. There is a 5hr pacer/sweeper running at 9:38 minutes per mile or 6 minutes per km, his and her job is to get you to 40km in 4hrs. Anyone finishing after 5hrs will be on the results only until Monday evening,you will then be deleted, so if you want to screenshot your time for Insta/Facebook post that is your only chance. The last person seen on the finishing straight at 5:00:00 gets to turn off the clock. There is also a 4:45 pacer and a 4:30 pacer provided. They are only officially pacing you for 8 laps,they may stay on pacing until the end or choose to finish early ...
- First Aid: Saint John's Ambulance will be in attendance for the duration of the race (5hrs).
- Food/Water Stations: There will be unlimited water in cups at the start/ finish area. This will be provided by Refill Ireland. As you pass the water station pick up ur drink, drink it and throw the empty cup in the Refill.ie baskets provided. Don’t throw your gels or other rubbish in these bins. There will be tables provided for you to put any drinks or food that you bring for yourself. Following the race we ask that you bring any of your belongings away from the table.
- Timing: Lap timing will be provided by Pop Up Races. As with everything old school the race is run off Gun time. Wear your number on the front of your body.
- From Dublin take (N4) leave the motor way at junction 8(kilcock), head towards Clane (R407). At approximately 6km, turn right at Baltreacy cross and drive through minor crossroads, continue to next junction (stop sign), turn right and the forest entrance is circa 1km on the left hand side.
- From the West (M4), get off at junction 8 (Kilcock) 1st exit after toll, and follow directions above.
- From the South (M7), take the Naas exit, junction 9. Drive towards Sallins, Clane and follow signs for Kilcock. Entering Clane Main Street, turn left at Topaz garage and drive 6+km, up to Baltreacy cross, turning left and following directions above.
- Please familiarise yourself with the route to Donadea forest park as the race will start on time.
- Environment: The race is run on the leave no trace principal (http://www.leavenotraceireland.org.) There will be bins at the start/finish area and with any Marshalls on duty. Please do not litter the course and please use the bins for any gels, bottles or wrappers that you may use on the course. Do not leave any gels, bottles, any foodstuffs of any kind at the km markers or directional signs. Anyone littering will be disqualified and asked to leave the course as per the environment policy
- Toilets: There will be eight portaloos on the course at the start finish area. Please use them ... There are NO facilities for showering in the forest park, unless you fancy skinny dipping in the lake, so bring warm dry clothes to get into after the race.
- There are no post-race refreshments available, please bring something to eat post-race. There is a cafe in the forest for tea's and coffee