Donadea ultra running festival,consisting of a 100 mile race,100km race and 2 x 50km races(1 Saturday and 1 Sunday), last person in each race gets a clock,people who drop out get abuse.Chip timed event,fully measured,fully marshalled. Race’s start 9:30 on Saturday 1st June and ye better be finished by Sunday evening.Main tent available for having a sleep(fortywinks only),Hot food,barbecue, and drinks(alcoholic and non alcoholic) supplied,Lap splits,music,onsite paramedics for the duration of the event and the usual high standard of Donadea hospitality guaranteed….and a super medal,race tee and few other Goodies……all ongoing info and chat is at the following FB page https://www.facebook.com/groups/267585140115087/
Race day information below:
- 3 races start at 09.30 sharp.
- Main gate opes at 8.15am, so park up and get organised early!
- Collect your bib first and then set up your food table - we will have tables available for your use.
- 50k is 10 laps with a small run up
- 100k is 20 laps with small run up
- 100mile is 32 laps with a bigger run up, 2 short laps
- Absolutely no littering - there will be a bin at the end of the food area. Do not bring any bottles or crap past this, if you do you should still have it in your hand as you come back through the finish area. Anyone found littering will be disqualified.
- NO BARBEQUES
- Anyone camping overnight CANNOT put their tent up until after 8pm and MUST be down by 8am on Sunday morning, due to the forest being a public park and Coillte don't want every Tom Dick and Harry camping illegally if they see us doing it.
- Hot food will be served at 530pm.
- Due to the cafe being there we can't give out tea and coffee until 5pm. We will have hot soup and sambos though.
- We are working on a TV for the Match.
- We have a leave no trace policy so bring all your rubbish home with you.
- Earphones allowed!
Keep an eye on our facebook page for any further information.