Charlestown 10k is back for its 7th year and is shaping up to be the biggest race yet! This year it is a joint fundraiser by the CBD sports complex and the newly formed local athletics club, East Mayo AC.
It’s a flat and fast course, with KM markers and plenty of water stations along the way. You are guaranteed a warm welcome and a refreshments for all will be served after the run in the CBD complex. Shower facilities on site.
Tshirts are available for the first 100 online entries.
We are also hosting a virtual run, walk, or treadmill challenge for all our friends around the world, where you can take part anywhere in the world in your own time at your own pace and support your local club. Simply register online and then share evidence of your completed run with the hashtag #ijustranthecharlestown10k
New mixed distance family ticket available – two adults 10k and 2 children 5k distance – €40
Please note that all U16s must be accompanied by an adult to this event.
1st male & 1st female €75
2nd male & 2nd female €50
3rd male & 3rd female €30
1st male & 1st female €30, and 2nd male & 2nd female €15
Register online for reduced rates. On the day rates are:
Adult 10k – EUR25.00
Adult 5k – EUR15.00
Race day information from the organisers is below.
- Race numbers will be available for collection from 8.30am on Saturday morning in the CBD Sports Complex Charlestown.
- On the day registration is still possible for this event at the following entry rates:
- 10k entry €25.00
- 5k entry adult €15.00
- 5k entry child €10.00
- Family entry 5k €25.00
- Family Entry Mixed (Adult 10k Children 5k) €45.00
- Registration will close at 10.15am at the latest to allow the race to start on time.
- Start time is 10.30am sharp. 10k starts at Mace Garage and the 5k starts at the CBD complex. Both races will finish at the complex.
- Parking is available at the CBD Complex. Please car pool where possible.
- Showers/toilets/changing facilities/bag drop available at the complex. Please note, however, that bags are left at owners' risk - please do not leave valuables in your bag.
- Light refreshments and prizegiving will be available afterwards in the CBD Complex. Prize giving scheduled for 11.45am
- Thank you again for supporting this event and to our main sponsors Murrays Bar Charlestown for making it possible. We wish you all the very best of luck in your run.