ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES AT 12.00NOON FRIDAY 14TH JUNE. ON THE DAY REGISTRATION AVAILABLE FROM 09.00AM IN THE AVON ON SUNDAY 16TH JUNE.
Blessington AFC are delighted to announce their upcoming Coimín Greenway 5k and Family Fun Day!!
The 5k race trail starts at the Avon, Blessington and leads south along the shores of Blessington Lakes and through forest and natural woodland.
With cash prizes, the race is chip timed and there are bespoke medals for all race participants. Free kids races with all 5k entries and refreshments available afterwards.
Enjoy the stunning views from Irelands first official E-Greenway. Learn more about the Greenway here
There will be plenty of fun, activities and entertainment at The Avon on the day for the whole family.
For anyone who cannot make the day but would still like to support this event, why not choose the virtual run option. Run the event at a time and place that suits you. Send completed details to email@example.com and you’ll receive your medal – easy!
Registration open on the day at 9.30am, race starts at 11am.
RACE DAY INFORMATION:
- Registration & number pick up will start at 9.00am in The Avon
- Free Yoga available at 9.30am and multiple sessions post race.
- Bus Shuttles to the starting line at Russelstown will start departing from 10.30am. Last shuttle departs at 11.00am
- Warm up at starting line
- Race starts at 11.00am sharp
- Parking is available in a field adjacent to The Avon, however, parking is limited so car pooling is encouraged. Please follow signs and the instructions of parking stewards. All cars are parked at the owners risk.
- Please respect your route. As this is an environmentally conscious event we are using a water system with reusable cups, please use the designated bins along the route– no littering
- Post race activities & refreshments for all participants in The Avon after the race.
- Medals for all finishers.
- Free Kids 2km race at approx 12.30pm
- A huge thank you to our sponsors Dan Kenny's SuperValu, The Avon, Wicklow Local Sports Partnership, LEADER Programme, ESB, Blessington Greenway and to you for participating and making this event possible.