Join 400 other runners for the 2019 Arthur’s Way 5K Road Race and Festival to be held in Ardclough, Co. Kildare on the evening of Saturday 15 June.
This is the 4th time the Arthur’s Way 5K event has been held. It has always proven to be an outstanding community event with large numbers of people taking part and enjoying the family friendly atmosphere.
Registration: 16:30 Race Start: 18:30
Free food and drink will be available in the club after the race
Our Charity Partner:
This year, the Race Organising Committee are delighted to announce that we are donating all profits from the event to the Beaumont Hospital Foundation.
Beaumont Hospital Foundation is an independent charity which works to generate donations which are used to improve the care which patients and their families receive while attending the hospital.
During 2018 three children from the Ardclough community were all treated in the neurological unit in Beaumont hospital. Two of the children continue to recover well as a direct result of the treatment and care received.
Unfortunately, Shane Duggan (16), the son of two members of the Race Organising Committee was involved in a cycling accident in July 2018 and despite the best efforts of the neurological team in Beaumont Hospital, Shane succumbed to his injuries and passed away 5 days later. Shane will be remembered on the day with the awarding of a perpetual trophy in his memory.
RACE DAY INSTRUCTIONS
- Registration & number pick up will start at 16.30 in Ardclough GAA Directions here https://goo.gl/maps/Q5kG6LYqKYFKWfP7A
- Race will start at 18.30 sharp
- No Parking is available on club grounds. Please follow parking instructions from Marshalls whom will direct you to the nearest car park.
- Please respect your route – no littering
- Post race refreshments for all participants in the clubhouse after the race