- Race Type 10k Run, 1k Run, 5km, Half Marathon, Kids Run, Marathon
- Date 22-05-2020
- Time 23:45
….it’s just you, AGAINST THE CLOCK
Pop Up Races are delighted to bring you our May Virtual Race, the “AGAINST THE CLOCK” Challenge. Participants will receive a Bespoke Medal and Limited edition Fridge magnet, where you can display your time from the challenge.
Sign up for this challenge to go against the clock over 3 weekends in May. Why not build it up, try 5km on week 1, 10km on week 2 and a half on week 3? All on a single entry. (you do not have to sign up more than once to submit times on multiple distances)
*PLEASE REMEMBER TO ADHERE TO GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES AROUND MOVEMENT RESTRICTIONS & SOCIAL DISTANCING WHEN COMPLETING YOUR CHALLENGE*
**PLACES STRICTLY LIMITED**
- Week 1 – Friday, 8th May to Sunday, 10th May
- Week 2 – Friday, 15th May to Sunday, 17th May
- Week 3 – Friday, 22nd May to Sunday, 24th May
- 1km Kids Challenge
- 20km Combined Family Challenge
- Half Marathon
HOW IT WORKS:
- Sign up for your preferred distance on our website
- Individuals run their selected distance on the specified race weekends above
- Our family challenge is for families of 4 and is a 20km challenge. The family walks/jogs a cumulative 20k and sends us their combined time for the challenge.
- Each registrant (family or Individual) will receive a Bespoke medal and Fridge Magnet.
- Packs will be posted out by the 2nd week of June.
SUBMITTING YOUR RESULTS (results must be submitted between Friday & Sunday of race weekend only to be listed on our leader board):
We have a virtual run to suit everyone, with challenges over 1k, 5k, 10k, Half Marathon, and full marathon distance.
We’ll be publishing results online weekly, so what do you need to do?
- Sign up for your preferred event
- Complete your distance on the specified race weekend.Note that 1 entry allows you submit times to as many distances as you wish on each weekend (you do NOT need to sign up any more than once to complete multiple challenges in May)
- Record your evidence
- Download the Pop Up Races mobile app and submit your results on the “Virtual Results” tab on the main menu
- Your medal will be posted in early June
Distances: 1k, 5k, 10k, 20km, Half Marathon (13.1miles or 21.1km) & full Marathon (26.2miles, 42.2km)
Virtual Running – FAQ
When do I have to complete the distance by?
There is NO DATE OF COMPLETION TIME FRAME. Please run/walk/jog your chosen distance at your own convenience. Anytime and any day that suits you. Stay Safe.
Can I complete it over a number of runs?
MULTIPLE Run/Jog/Walks to complete the distance is accepted. (Just submit the combined time when uploading to the Pop Up Races app.)
Can I Change distance after registering for the Virtual Run?
Moving up or down chosen your distance is no problem. When submitting result please remember to choose distance actually completed.
How do I upload my time/confirm completion?
HOW TO UPLOAD TIMES TO THE POP UP RACES APP
I uploaded to the wrong race, what do I do?
Re upload to the correct race.
I uploaded incorrect time?
Re upload with correct time.
How do I know I uploaded correctly?
You will receive a confirmation email.
I received my confirmation email but don’t see my time on the results page?
There may be a time delay of a few days before you see your time on the results page. There is a transfer of results from the app to the results page twice a week.