Race 1 – The Streets of Portlaoise:
Press Release HERE
ABOUT THE KIA RACE SERIES
The Kia Race Series is back in 2019, and promises to be bigger, better and faster than ever.
Aimed at supporting grass roots athletics by increasing participation at established club races nationwide, the Kia Race Series also aims to increase competition for elites around Ireland, with the overall winner, male and female, driving away in a brand new Kia Stonic for 2019 (terms and conditions apply)
Each race will have course record bonus pots of €1,000, sponsored by Kia Ireland, as well as the usual cash prizes on offer by the host clubs.
This year also brings in a Masters Series. It is open to anyone who is 40 or over in the year of the series, with the overall male & female winners winning a trip for 2 to the European masters (flights, accommodation & entry) in 2020.
In total there will be 9 races in the series, with the participants 5 best scores taken into account when the final league table is complete. Unlike last year, there will be no finale, the series is done solely on a league format.
The KIA Race Series
- Streets of Portlaoise 5k: 17th March, 11am (click here to enter)
- Streets of Kilkenny 5k: 18th April 7:30pm (click here to enter)
- Bob Heffernan (Enfield, Co. Meath) 5k: Tuesday May 21st 8pm (Online entry opening soon here)
- Braveheart 5k (Trim), June 14th 8pm (Online entry opening soon here)
- Dunshaughlin (Meath) 10k Road Race: Saturday June 22nd, 7:30pm (Online entry opening soon here)
- Roscommon 10 Mile: July 6th, 10:30am (click here to enter)
- Edenderry (Offaly): 10 Mile, July 21st 9:30am (click here to enter)
- Castlepollard 5k (Westmeath) Wednesday Aug 14th, 8pm (Online entry opening soon here)
- The Lakes 10k (Blessington/Wicklow) September 7th, 11am
The elite entries will be finalised by the middle of February. The winner has to complete a minimum of 5 races, with the best 5 scores to count in the league standings. Elites expression of interest – click here.
Elite 5k = Sub 15 Male & Sub 16:45 Female
Elite 10k = Sub 31 Male & Sub 34 Female
**Times must have been achieved on or after January 1st 2018 in an AAI approved/International event**