Event DetailsEnter Now
The Irish Kidney Association Run for a Life returns to Corkagh Park on Saturday May 25th 2019 at 14.00.
This event is organised by the Irish Kidney Association to support its work in promoting organ donor awareness and delivering services for people living with kidney failure.
In its 11th year, the event has been growing in popularity annually with a very loyal following.
Soup and sandwiches are provided for all participants when they finish.
Registration online or from 12.00 noon in Corkagh Park, Clondalkin (St. John’s Grove entrance)
The run takes place on a 2.5km loop in the beautiful surrounds or Corkagh Park and is accurately measured and flat, so ideal for a pb. There are 2.5k, 5k and 10k options available.
RACE DAY INFORMATION
Below are some notes to help you prepare for the day. If you are driving, please arrive in good time (number collection is from 12pm-1.30pm) to ensure that you can secure parking at the St. John’s Grove entrance car park for Corkagh Park – the registration area is right beside this car park (as is the start/finish line). If this car park is full, we are hoping to have access to the official overflow carpark which can only be accessed via the exit route from the Car Park. (The parking at the Camac Valley Caravan park entrance (off the N7) is at least 10-15 minutes walk away).
How to get to Corkagh Park:
What happens on the day:
- Below is a link to a map of the route.
- The circuit is 2.5km in length so you will be doing 1 lap, 2 laps or 4 laps depending on the distance you have registered for.
- The Start Line will also be the Finish line. The start/finish line will be just off the circuit so you will only cross it when you start and when you finish.
- There will be event branded direction signage around the route including markers for each 1km up to 10km. There will also be volunteer marshals on the route, please show your appreciation for their support.
- There will be a water station about 250m after the start. This is primarily intended for those doing the 5km and 10km distances.
- As much as possible, please run on the left of the path to allow people to pass on the right
- It is a Public Park so please respect other Park users who may be on the route
- If you decide on the day that you want to change the distance that you are registered for, please inform the timing staff at the finish line immediately after your race.
- Port-a-loos will be located in the car-park beside the re-cycling bins
- Every participant will be issued with a race number – must be worn on the FRONT of your t-shirt
- The race numbers have a timing chip attached – do not remove.
- Prizes will be sent out by post on Monday 27th May
- Please allow runners to start at the front followed by joggers followed by walkers – it will be more comfortable for all.
- St. John’s Ambulance has been booked to provide First Aid cover on the day
When you finish:
- Make sure you collect your finisher’s medal.
- Stay for soup and a sandwich.
- Results will be posted on the event website (www.runforalife.ie).
- Official photos will also be posted on the event website.
- If you are posting photos on Facebook or Twitter please use the hashtag #IKAFUNRUN so we can see them too!
- Remember to spread the word that Organ Donation is the Gift of Life and that everyone should Think about it, Talk about it and Make a Commitment. You can download our Digital Organ Donor Card app to your phone.
Please make sure that you arrive in good time so that you can collect your race number. Some t-shirts will be available for sale (€5) on the day.