UPDATED STANDINGS AFTER ROUND 2: CLICK HERE
The Kia Race Series is back for 2022.
The Line Up (and associated course records):
- Streets of Portlaoise 5k – 17th March
- Streets of Kilkenny 5k April 14th, 7:30pm
- Bob Heffernan 5k, Enfield May 17th,8pm
- (Hiko Tanosa 14:19, Barbara Cleary 16:21)
- Dunshaughlin 10k June 18th, 7:30pm
- (Noel Cullen 29:21, Fionnuala McCormack 32:18)
- Roscommon 10 Mile July 2nd, 11:30am
- Edenderry 10 Mile July 10th, 9:30am
- Cork City 10 Mile August 20th, 5.00pm
- (Mark Hanrahan 49:39, Aoife Cooke 57:21)
- We have a limited number of FREE ENTRIES for Elite athletes. Criteria over 5km is sub 15min men / 17min women. If you do not have a recent 5k time, but have comparable 10k, 10 mile times, these will also be considered. All elite enquiries to email@example.com.
**Only the top 5 in the standings after round 3 will be invited as free entries to Dunshaughlin due to capacity limits at the event.
WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR:
- Elite runners will be invited to each event and will receive complimentary entry.
- This year, race organisers have moved from offering access to the car as prize for overall series winner to cash prizes.
- There is a guaranteed prize pot of €27,000 on offer. Athletes must compete in four out of seven races, with the lowest combined points scores over those 4 races winning the series, as per previous years.
- There is a €1,500 cash prize for the overall male and female series winner with €1,000 for the second placed male and female
- There will be €500 course record bonuses on offer for both the male & female course records at every event. (7 x €1,000 in bonuses)
- Team – There will be a €15,000 prize pot for team prize, €7000, €5000, €3000 for top 3 teams.
- Teams will consist of 6 participants, 3 male/3 female.
- Teams will be scored based on placings in the race, and the team winner from each race will get 10points, 9 for second and so on down to 1 point for 10th place team. The team with the highest points at the end of the series will be overall winner. One team per club will count in scoring
- Teams must be from Athletics Ireland affiliated clubs.
FAQ’S RE TEAM EVENT:
- You do not need to declare teams on a week to week basis. Your first 3 males and females in the results associated with your club will form the team score.
- Teams can do as many or as few races as they wish. The winning team in Portlaoise (for example) will get 10 points, 9 for second and so on. Each race will be the same format and the team at the top of the table after 7 races will be the team winner.
- Team scores are based on Gender Rank in the race. So if the winning female comes in 20th overall, she contributes 1 point (and not 20) to the overall team score. The best team score achievable at any race is 12 (M 1,2,3 – F 1,2,3)
PRESS RELEASE 08/2/22: https://www.popupraces.ie/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Return-of-Kia-Race-Series-2022.pdf