Louisburgh – Clew Bay Half Marathon and 10km race event will take place on Saturday, September 21st, 2019.
This is the 9th year of the race and is open to runners of all abilities. The route takes in the stunning scenery along the Atlantic coastline, and is only 15mins from Westport.
This race is particularly renowned for its home made goodies and the warm welcome. Always brilliantly organised and lots of fun, this is an event not to be missed.
The Half marathon will start at 11am, the 10k at 11:30am.
Note that entries are transferrable to 2020 up until June 30 2019. Non transferrable thereafter.
Race day information from the organisers is below.
- Race packs will be available for collection from 9.30am on Saturday morning in Louisburgh GAA Clubhouse.
- The event is sold out, however due to many requests we will allow registrations on the day of the event but those registrants will NOT be guaranteed a medal or T-shirt - sorry!
- For those participants that requested postage, you should have received your race number by now. If not please approach one of the Pop Up Races staff on Saturday morning and we'll arrange for a replacement number for you.
- Parking is available at the clubhouse which is only 3 mins walk from Louisburgh Village. Onstreet parking is available in the village also. Stewards will be on hand to assist with traffic management. Please car pool where possible.
- Directions: Coming from Westport, go straight through the village of Louisburgh across the bridge and the end of town, and approx 300metres on the left is the GAA Clubhouse (start/finish of race).
- Showers/toilets/changing facilities available at the clubhouse.
- Light refreshments will be available afterwards in the Clubhouse.
- All participants are welcome to join us for a casual after party with finger food and music in MacNamara's Bar from 9.30pm Saturday night.
- Thank you again for supporting this event and making it possible. We wish you all the very best of luck in your run.